Timely notice to APEI of any possible claim is critical to efficient claims management and resolution.
Student and Medical Payments Claim Form: Download
Vehicle Incident Form: Download
Employer’s Report of Occupational Injury or Illness: Download
Employee’s Report of Occupational Injury or Illness: Download
Workers’ Compensation Medical Information Release: Download
Prompt reporting protects your insurance rights and ensures that you, your employee, or your claimant are paid in a timely manner.
Failure to provide timely notification can impact your coverage. Check your policy and its endorsements for further information.
For assistance in filing a claim, call APEI toll-free at 877-586-2734. Your broker is also a good source of information about what to do when you have a claim.
Immediately report to APEI:
● An incident causing injury to an employee, the public or a student that requires medical treatment is performed at an off-site medical facility or when or when emergency medical personnel are called
● An automobile loss causing injury or property damage
● An event or accident resulting in damage to the member’s property
● Receipt of notice of a potential claim, either directly or from a potential claimant’s attorney or other legal representative
● Any significant incident that could result in a claim or litigation in the future, such as the termination of an employee who is unhappy about it, or an accident that resulted in a fatality, even if it does not appear that the member could be held responsible for the accident
● An incident of student suicide or attempted suicide